Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Talents


“Brands used to be impenetrable forces; there used to be a magic and a mystery to how things happened and where they came from, most people didn’t care then, but now they do.”  (Ralph Ardill, Experiential Consultant ch.2) Ever since I was younger I’ve been the creative type.  I can’t not ever remember a time where I wasn’t wanting to create some sort of art.  You could always find me in the arts and crafts departments in the store.  I’ve never realized that what I was doing was something special. Being creative was a natural and normal trait to me.

I remember being young and the one to always come up with the ideas.   I was the original plan maker in class.  I would bring in the supplies to make projects more creative and help out my classmates for theirs.

My creativity I would say comes from my grandmother on my mother’s side.  I would always watch and help her with floral arrangements that she would put together to sell.  She taught me how to sew and would take me to fabric stores to make my own Barbie clothes.

I am named after my grandma, Marie, which is my middle name.  My brand name comes from that name, Cierra Marie.  " Essentially branding yourself is a self-development technique made easy by perceiving yourself as a brand. By being your own brand, you are able to view yourself objectively, and that is the power of personal branding."(Ch.5 pg 149) I use my middle name instead since my middle name can’t change.  My grandparents would always sing this little line “Cierra Marie, lives in a tree,” every time they would see me( not so much now that I’m older).
“It is important for the designer to understand the context of the brand they are working with and why it exists. To understand what’s behind a brand, you need to take a look at its history, its maturity, its market positioning and its environment.”
(Pg 45 chapter 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment